[Haizea] read the accounting data file

Borja Sotomayor borja at borjanet.com
Wed Oct 13 15:18:47 CDT 2010

Hi,

> I am curious to see what is in the data file specified in the accounting
> section of the configure file.
> [cloudadmin at frontend-dev haizea]$ file results.dat
> results.dat: 8086 relocatable (Microsoft)
> How do I read it? It is definitely not a text file that I can directly read
> by eyes.

You need to use the haizea-convert-data tool:

http://haizea.cs.uchicago.edu/manual/node38.html

Internally, the file is just a bunch of pickled Python objects, so it
is also possible to access the file programmatically:

http://haizea.cs.uchicago.edu/manual/node41.html

Cheers!
--
Borja Sotomayor
Scientific Writer at UChicago's Computation Institute