[Haizea] Multiple virtual machines on single physical machine

Borja Sotomayor borja at borjanet.com
Tue Mar 30 07:38:36 CDT 2010

Hi,

> I have installed Haizea and I am running it in interactive simulated mode(clock=real). I have doubt that is haizea able to handle below shown request?
>
> haizea-request-lease -t +00:02:00 -d 00:10:00 -n 1 --non-preemptible -c 0.5 -m 512 -i foobar.img -z 600

Haizea supports scheduling multiple VMs on a single physical machines
(with any number of CPUs). However, I just took a look at
haizea-request-lease, and it looks like there's a bug in how it
handles the "-c" parameter (it assumes it is an integer, so 0.5 is
probably being round up to 1). In src/haizea/cli/rpc_commands.py could
you try replacing this line:

 self.optparser.add_option(Option("-c", "--cpu", action="store",
type="int", dest="cpu",

With this:

 self.optparser.add_option(Option("-c", "--cpu", action="store",
type="float", dest="cpu",

If that doesn't work, please send me all the commands you are running,
Haizea's config file, and Haizea's output when you run them.

Cheers!
--Borja