[Haizea] Q: haizea roadmap

Borja Sotomayor borjasotomayor at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 08:12:59 CST 2009

Hi,

> Where can I find a project's roadmap?

The roadmap is here:

https://phoenixforge.cs.uchicago.edu/projects/roadmap/haizea

Although it hasn't been updated with the plans for 1.2. For more
details on what we'll be focusing on for the next couple of months,
take a look at the following:

https://mailman.cs.uchicago.edu/pipermail/haizea/2009-December/000099.html

> Have you any plans to add ability of automatic task migration from
> busy node to free one?

Could you elaborate more on this? If you're referring to a VM using
more resources than it originally requested (and migrating the VM to a
higher-capacity node to accommodate this), then we have no plans to
add this. Since Haizea is a reservation-based system, if you request X
resources, that's the exact amount that will be reserved for you. We
do, however, plan to support lease renegotiation (allowing users to
resize their leases to accommodate changes in resource requirements),
although we don't have a timeline for that yet.

Cheers!
--Borja