[Haizea] Conceptual question

Borja Sotomayor borja at borjanet.com
Tue Dec 1 18:30:14 CST 2009

Hi Nikola,

Thanks for these suggestions. I've opened a ticket for a feature
request with some thoughts about this:

https://phoenixforge.cs.uchicago.edu/issues/show/9

Although I agree that this is an interesting feature (that has a
realistic use case), I don't I'll be able to get to it myself in at
least a couple of months. I'm currently focusing on the Haizea
simulator and on some new scheduling algorithms (to support leases
with deadlines) for research, and probably won't be able to get back
to the production side of things in some time.

> "haizea-cancel-lease" will delete the VM, which is not what we want in all
> cases.

Uhm, what would be a case where you wouldn't want to delete the VM?
Are you referring to cases where you want to stop the VM but keeping
the disk image around (for future retrieval) is desirable?

Cheers!
--Borja