[Theory] Re: FW: Theory Lunch 2023-05-31T17:30:00.000Z

Antares Chen antaresc at uchicago.edu
Thu Jun 1 23:54:23 CDT 2023

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to forward a message from Francesca following up on some
discussion from this past Wednesday's lunch.

Thank you again to everyone for your help in making theory lunch a success
this year, and hope you all enjoy the summer!

Best,
Antares

---

Hi all,

Thanks again for coming! I wanted to just follow up on my commentary on the
range proof. I didn't do it justice and I needed at least another 30
minutes to explain it properly! In any case, for those interested, our work
builds off of Bulletproofs (https://eprint.iacr.org/2017/1066.pdf) -- the
difference being that they prove ranges for individual values (committed to
via Pedersen commitments) whereas we prove ranges for a vector of values
(committed to via Vector Commitments).

I'm not sure I'm able to share our paper at the moment due to company
policy, but once public I'd be happy to share it with anyone interested.

Best,
Francesca