[Cs22800] Meeting activities

Mike O'Donnell odonnell at cs.uchicago.edu
Fri Nov 15 14:49:02 CST 2002

I'd like to see the meetings get a bit more productive. Please
identify at least one and preferably two or three presentations for
each week. Demos are good, even if the stuff you demo is crappy. Code
reviews are good. The idea is to present what you're doing, as a
mechanism for organizing your own thinking about it, to share the
experience around so we all learn from all of the projects, and to get
extra eyeballs and help in working out issues. I think we are a couple
of weeks late in getting serious about this, so please choose some
definite topics for Monday the 18th. Just presenting bugs and showing
the structure of the code is cool. As soon as we looked at the
Enlightenment prototype code last week, we chased down one little bug,
and generated some thinking about good structure for one aspect of the
code. I think we can do a lot more of that.

Mike O'D.