[Cs22800] Please post work details, schedule

Mike O'Donnell odonnell at cs.uchicago.edu
Fri Nov 15 14:44:58 CST 2002

I'd like to see some real presentation of work on the Web pages before
the meeting on Monday 18 November. I like Ben's presentation, and
particularly the "development diary." But there are no entries since 2
November. The list of milestones is also very important. Does the
expected release of version 0.1 on 18 November mean that you've beat
the milestone of "Working copy ... for FreeBSD 4.62/4.7 by December
2002," or does version 0.1 lack something for that purpose? Get the
diary up to date, clarify the progress toward goals, and mention
somewhere when you intend to take credit, and this will be a nice
informative presentation.

For the rest of you, I can't find anything beyond the original
statement of general goals. It's past time to refine those into
another layer of detail, with at least 3 interesting milestones to
pass in the near future. The plan and milestones can be revised, but
without any provisional specifics its very hard to gauge progress and
the consequences of various decisions.

And, for everybody, I'd like a clear written indication of when you
intend to take credit. That can also be revised if necessary, but I
need to know the best estimate. Ben could collect that information and
put it into the main table on the front page.

Mike O'D.