[Cs22800] the GNOME HIG and AbiWord

sam th sam at uchicago.edu
Wed Oct 9 23:58:50 CDT 2002

Many of you (at least the ones who use GTK/GNOME) have heard of the
GNOME Human Interface Guidelines[1]. They specify guidelines for the
interface of all programs that are part of the GNOME desktop.  In order
to be a good citizen of the GNOME desktop, AbiWord should follow these
guidelines to the extent that it is reasonable.

However, no one has put much (or any) effort into this as yet.  So,
since I have the opportunity to do this as part of a class (A is for Abi
:), I have begun work.

Some of the decisions embodied in the document are controversial, and as
far as they go, I will discuss them on this list beforehand.  I hope not
too many of them will be problematic.

I'm going to be using bugzilla to be keeping fairly close tabs on this,
for the purpose of my class.  I'm using bug 4142 as a metabug to keep
track of everything.

happy hacking
--
sam th <sam at uchicago.edu>