[Cs22800] Thoughts

Donour Sizemore donour at uchicago.edu
Sat Sep 7 10:40:50 CDT 2002

What do you mean by more secure dns?  DyDNS + Kerberos is pretty much
accepted as the safe way to do name resolution (as far as I can tell).
I'm not sure about the utility of working a new protocol spec w/o the
full support of the IETF.  What did you have in mind?

If you really want to work with networking protocols, the Ethereal
project always has lots to.  The framework is already there to do
sophisticated network analysis.  If you want analyze some new protocol,
all you have to do write a new plugin.  There's lots of work to be
done with RPC handling, Kerberos, SSL, and so on.  The project is
very visible and it should be easy to define a nice box to work in for
your ten weeks. Check out the website [http://www.ethereal.com/]

,
donour