[Colloquium] Spring Distinguished Speaker Series

Molly Long mrlong at uchicago.edu
Tue Mar 19 08:00:00 CDT 2024

The University of Chicago Data Science Institute, Department of Statistics,
Department of Computer Science, and Committee on Computational and Applied
Mathematics are proud to announce our Spring 2024 Distinguished Speaker
Series
<https://datascience.uchicago.edu/news/spring-2024-distinguished-speaker-series/>.
Join us for stimulating talks from leading data science researchers
exploring and expanding the fundamental methods and approaches that
transform large and complex datasets into knowledge and action.Dr. Inderjit
S. Dhillon, Gottesman Family Centennial Professor of Computer Science and
Mathematics at UT Austin, will present the first talk of the series
<https://datascience.uchicago.edu/events/inderjit-dhillon-uta> taking place
Friday, April 5 in the Jones Laboratory, room 303, with a lunch social
starting at noon before the lecture at 12:30 p.m. We hope you can join us!

The next talks in the series take place in JCL 390, with a lunch social at
noon and the lecture at 12:30:

April 18: Irina Rish <https://sites.google.com/view/irinarish/home>,
Université de Montréal – “Scaling to AGI”
<https://datascience.uchicago.edu/events/irina-rish-montreal/>

May 2: Brandon Stewart <https://bstewart.scholar.princeton.edu/>, Princeton
University – “TBA”
<https://datascience.uchicago.edu/events/brandon-stewart-princeton/>