[Colloquium] TTIC Colloquium: Lek-Heng Lim, University of Chicago

Liv Leader lleader at ttic.edu
Fri Feb 18 10:36:26 CST 2011

*REMINDER:*

When:     *Monday, February 21 @ 1*

Where:    *TTIC Conference Room #526*, 6045 S. Kenwood Ave, 5th Floor

Who:       *Lek-Heng Lim*, University of Chicago

Title:       *Rank aggregation via Hodge theory*

We will discuss how combinatorial Hodge theory may be used in rank
aggregation. Given a number of voters who each scores a collection of
alternatives (not necessarily the whole collection), we will describe a way
of finding a global ranking of alternatives that in some sense addresses
Arrow's impossibility, McKelvey's chaos, and avoids the NP-hardness of
Kemeny optimality.

This is joint work with Xiaoye Jiang, Yuan Yao, and Yinyu Ye.

--
Liv Leader
Faculty Services

Toyota Technological Institute