[Colloquium] Reminder: Show and Tell Series at TTI-C Logg: (Today @12:15pm)

Katherine Cumming kcumming at tti-c.org
Tue Dec 6 07:50:52 CST 2005

TTI-C SHOW AND TELL SERIES

Presented by:  Toyota Technological Institute at Chicago

Speaker: Anders Logg, TTI-C
Speaker's home page: http://www.tti-c.org//logg.html
<http://www.tti-c.org/logg.html>

Time: Tuesday, December 6, 2005
Location: TTI-C Conference Room
Lunch Provided @ 12:00pm
Seminar @ 12:15pm

Title:   How large is the error?
Abstract:
When computing an approximate solution to a differential equation or some
other problem, it is always important to estimate the error of the computed
approximate solution.
I will give an introduction to duality-based a posteriori error estimation.
The examples will be from algebraic and differential equations, but with
hope that the techniques can be of both interest and use to a wider
audience.  All new concepts, such as the dual problem, will be introduced as
they appear and I will assume very little knowledge of differential
equations and functional analysis.
If there is time, I will also say a few words about the automation of error
estimation.

------
If you have questions, or would like to meet the speaker, please contact
Katherine at 773-834-1994 or kcumming at tti-c.org.
For information on future TTI-C talks and events, please go to the TTI-C
Events page:  http://www.tti-c.org/events.html.  TTI-C (1427 East 60th
Street, Chicago, IL  60637)