[Colloquium] TTI seminar times

David McAllester mcallester at tti-c.org
Thu Sep 30 12:01:11 CDT 2004

I want to establish standard times for TTI seminars and start a TTI
"show and tell" series of talks by TTI people.

The standard TTI seminar time will be Tuesday at 12:15 (lunch provided)
and Thursdays at  10:45.  Considering teaching assignments this quarter,
it seems best to have AI talks on Tuesdays, programming languages talks
on Thursdays, and other talks either day.  I expect that on most weeks
we will have only one seminar but some weeks will have two.

Show and tell will be modeled on the system used at Bell Labs and AT&T
research.  We will rotate through the TTI researchers in alphabetical
order and each researcher will give a talk in one of the seminar slots.
This year we have 18 researchers as follows.

Acar
Altun
Ben-Sasson
Blume
Codenotti
Dreyer
Harsha
Johnson
Kalai
Klivans
Langford
Logg
McAllester
Minh
Mita
Radhakrishnan
Smale
Sminchisescu

The first person on this list available for next week (and who has not
just given a talk) is Adam Kalai.  So Adam will give a talk this Tuesday
(Oct. 5) at 12:15.  Lunch will be provided.  A proper talk announcement
will go out soon.

    David