[Haizea] unmatching host CPU information between ONE and Haizea

Borja Sotomayor borja at borjanet.com
Tue Oct 19 13:25:34 CDT 2010

Hi,

> First of all, the change you proposed does not work since q is a list.
> I give it sum(q) instead
> return "  |  ".join("%s: %i" % (res_type,sum(q)) for res_type, q in
> self.quantity.items())

ugh, sorry, I forgot to add that "%i" would have to be changed to "%s"
(so the actual list is printed, that provides a better idea of the
capacity of the individual instances).

> It does print out 1600 instead of 100 in the haizea.log. But
> haizea-list-hosts still shows 100.

Uhm, ok, It looks like it's a problem with XML-RPC interface, not with
the internal representation (i.e., Haizea is correctly storing
multiple instances of 100, but the XML-RPC interface misrepresents
this). I'll have to take a closer look at why only 1 vm gets deployed
on each host (I'll need to see if I can reproduce the problem, which I
can't do right now, but I'll try to get it done soon).

> I have another question. If I set wakeup-interval:30 in the configuration
> file, haizea does not wake up any more after the first
> rounds. wakeup-interval:1 works as below. I am not sure whether this is a
> related problem.

That's odd. Did you do anything at the time Haizea stopped waking up?
I usually have a wakeup interval of 10, and it seems to work fine for
long-running processes.

> By the way, I am using Haizea-1.0. Should I better use the subversion code
> instead for later bug fix?

The subversion code has a number of bug fixes in the core code and,
unless you're using some of the new stuff (like deadline scheduling,
or pricing policies, which is still in a rough state), the subversion
code is preferable. I'd need to double-check the integration with
OpenNebula, since I think some of the newer changes may have broken it
but, if so, I'll be fixing them soon anyway so I can reproduce your
problem.

Cheers!
--
Borja Sotomayor
-Scientific Writer at UChicago's Computation Institute