[Haizea] documentation on trace file

Borja Sotomayor borja at borjanet.com
Wed Oct 13 13:59:42 CDT 2010

Hi,

> I am wondering if there is any documentation on how to write a trace file?
> Particularly, I am looking for the syntax to specify relative start time in
> the XML trace file (lwf).
> All the examples are using exact start time.

This is spread out over a few pages. The main page is this one:

http://haizea.cs.uchicago.edu/manual/node75.html

But it involves looking at some of the pages in the "XML Reference" appendix:

http://haizea.cs.uchicago.edu/manual/node71.html

Your question in particular is addressed in the description of the
<lease> element:

http://haizea.cs.uchicago.edu/manual/node73.html

"If an exact starting time is specified, then this element has an
<exact> child element with a time attribute specifying the starting
time using an ISO timestamp (YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS) or a relative
starting time (+DD:HH:MM:SS), which is interpreted as being relative
to the time the lease is submitted to Haizea."

Cheers!
--
Borja Sotomayor
Scientific Writer at UChicago's Computation Institute