[Haizea] Experimenting with Real Workload-

Borja Sotomayor borja at borjanet.com
Tue May 18 16:24:28 CDT 2010

Hi Mehdi,

> I understand that based on the workload we should also prepare a site file
> to describe specific details about site. So since at the end
> of haizea_swf2lwf's run method there are some calculation for
> total_capacity, why not we make -n option a mandatory option or another
> solution would be to use MaxNodes and MaxProcs headers in SWF to learn
> about site_num_nodes.
> Now if we don't do some provisioning we will face some errors.
> total_capacity = site_num_nodes * (to_time - from_time).seconds

I agree that this has to be handled better; take into account that the
experimental branch is typically driven by my own research needs, so I
typically don't validate for cases that I won't be using (e.g.,
because I know I will always be providing a site file). Nonetheless,
this will definitely be fixed before the experimental branch becomes
the stable branch.

Cheers!
--
Borja Sotomayor
PhD Candidate in Computer Science, University of Chicago