[Haizea] Experimenting with Real Workload

Borja Sotomayor borja at borjanet.com
Wed May 12 17:02:37 CDT 2010

Hi,

> What steps we should take to experiment with Real Workload such as Parallel
> Workloads Archive?
> What facilities provided within Haizea?

The 1.1 branch (https://phoenixforge.cs.uchicago.edu/repositories/browse/haizea/branches/1.1)
includes a command called haizea-swf2lwf that converts SWF files (the
format used in the Parallel Workloads Archive) to LWF files. Once
you've got the LWF file, it's just a question of running experiments
as described in the Haizea documentation.

Unfortunately, the 1.1 branch is still experimental and still not well
documented. Running "haiea-swf2lwf -h" will provide some information
on the command's parameters, although what some of them do might not
be immediately apparent (the best documentation I can offer at this
point is the code itself; haizea-swf2lwf is implemented at the end of
https://phoenixforge.cs.uchicago.edu/repositories/entry/haizea/branches/1.1/src/haizea/cli/commands.py)

The 1.1 branch will eventually become the stable 1.2 version (with
proper documentation, etc.), and I'm currently aiming for releasing a
1.2 beta sometime during the summer. However, I don't have a concrete
timeline yet.

Cheers!
--
Borja Sotomayor
PhD Candidate in Computer Science, University of Chicago