[Haizea] sanity check error

Borja Sotomayor borja at borjanet.com
Fri Jun 11 11:38:11 CDT 2010

Hi,

> I am loading 15days.lwf Workload from Blue's 15 days run. I have manipulated
> duration and realduration of leases, after a long run, I received this
> error.
> While I know simply that end of a RR is less that start of it. I'd like to
> know  what are the reasons for this error?
> l.sanity_check()
>   assert vmrr.end >= vmrr.start

The "sanity check" was added to the experimental branch mostly for
debugging purposes, and is intended to catch errors in the scheduler
itself. It's hard to tell what might be triggering that error without
seeing the logs (this is even harder to debug when it happens as part
of a really long simulation). Could you send me the LWF file and the
configuration file off-list, so I can run it myself? That might be
easier than sending the VDEBUG logs over e-mail (which, for a long
simulation, can be huge).

Cheers!
--
Borja Sotomayor
PhD Candidate in Computer Science, University of Chicago