[Haizea] node attributes

Borja Sotomayor borja at borjanet.com
Fri Feb 19 13:23:59 CST 2010

Hi,

> According to my test and this page
> https://phoenixforge.cs.uchicago.edu/issues/show/2 for "Add support
> for node attributes" feature, it seems that freq-volt attribute is not
> implemented and will not be implemented in the near future. So we
> cannot define a site with the following structure.

Right. I'm pretty sure (although I'd have to look for it), that the
"arch freq-volt" example is something I sent to show what node
attributes would look like (and not something that is actually
supported right now). However, my next big coding push for Haizea will
be sometime in the Spring, and I may be able to get node attributes
implemented at that point (if no one beats me to the punch)

> Another question, how Haizea is integrated with OpenNebula for
> multicore support, i think as you explained before, it is based on
> multi-instance resources?

Yes, if an OpenNebula template includes a VCPU option (with a value
larger than 1), Haizea internally converts that to a multi-instance
CPU resource, so it will only be scheduled on nodes with enough cores
to satisfy that request.

> And finally, amount property is for speed of
> processor?

No, Haizea assumes each processor has a maximum capacity of 100. So,
specifying a value of 50 would request 50% of the processor. However,
the OpenNebula template is based on a maximum value of 1 (so, CPU=0.5
requests 50% of the processor). There's a few more details here:

http://lists.opennebula.org/htdig.cgi/users-opennebula.org/2009-July/000578.html

Cheers!
--Borja