[Haizea] Preemption of deadline sensitive leases

Borja Sotomayor borjasotomayor at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 10:00:51 CDT 2010

Hi,

> Can Haizea use DeadlineMapper class to map deadline sensitive leases? I have found that it is using GreedyMapper class to map all the leases including deadline sensitive leases.

Yes, if you are using the 1.1 branch and want to schedule leases with
deadlines, you need to include the following in the [scheduling]
section of the config file:

mapper: deadline
policy-preemption: deadline

However, take into account that the 1.1 branch is an experimental
branch. It is not yet fully tested and documented, so some features
may not work correctly.

Cheers!
--Borja