[Haizea] Preemption of deadline sensitive leases

Amit Nathani amit_nathani1987 at yahoo.co.in
Mon Apr 5 13:53:08 CDT 2010

Hi,

I am working on scheduling algorithm for deadline sensitive leases. I have tested the algorithm given in Haizea 1.1 with the attached lwf file. The description of leases which I am using to test the algorithm is given below:

lease 1
start time : 00:30:00
duration : 04:00:00
deadline : 05:30:00

lease 2

start time : 01:00:00

duration : 01:00:00

deadline : 04:00:00

The algorithm in Haizea is not able to schedule 2nd lease. If preemption of deadline leases was allowed then it could have scheduled both the leases.

I have seen deadline mapper and preemption policy for deadline leases in Haizea 1.1.
Are you using these things to preempt the deadline sensitive leases ? If not then can you please tell me how can I use it ?

Regards,
Amit Nathani