[Theory] [Theory Lunch] Olga Medrano Martin del Campo, Wednesday, 5/15 12:30-1:30pm, JCL 390

Gabe Schoenbach via Theory theory at mailman.cs.uchicago.edu
Tue May 14 08:00:00 CDT 2024

Hi all — please join us on *Wednesday at 12:30pm* for another theory lunch!
Details below:

*****
*Date: *May 15, 2024
*Time:* 12:30pm
*Location: *JCL 390

*Title: *Half graphs and Full special trees in Learning theory

*Speaker: *Olga Medrano Martin del Campo

*Abstract: *In this (history-based) talk, we will begin diving into the
proof of Hodges Lemma, a combinatorial follow-up of part of Shelah's
Unstable Formula Theorem. This lemma establishes a correspondence between
the size of appearing half graphs and the depth of appearing full special
trees in a simple graph structure. We will briefly see some connections and
applications of this lemma in Learning Theory, particularly via
Vapnik-Chervonenkis dimension and Littlestone dimension.