[Theory] on behalf of Gianfranco Ciardo

Lorenzo Orecchia orecchia at uchicago.edu
Thu Dec 21 12:22:26 CST 2023

Faculty openings at Iowa State University

We are hiring for two tenure-track faculty positions in the Computer Science department at Iowa State University, one in Theoretical Computer Science or Bioinformatics/Computational Biology (faculty opening R11857) and one in Cybersecurity or Classical/Post-quantum Cryptography (faculty opening R11855).

The page https://www.cs.iastate.edu/open-positions lists more information, including required and preferred qualifications and where to apply.  The full consideration deadline is January 2, 2024.

Our department continues its upward trajectory. Over the last two years, we have added nine new faculty, developed two new degree programs (an MS degree in Artificial Intelligence and a B.A. degree in Computer Science), and completed a strategic plan for the next decade. Our enrollments have grown by 31%, our female enrollment by 45%, and we have seen a 35% increase in grant funding over the last five years. We also established an NSF training program focusing on dependable data driven discovery, and built a new facility to accelerate research on autonomous systems and robotics. Our future colleagues will join this dynamic, forward-looking environment known for its collegiality.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me (Gianfranco Ciardo: https://www.cs.iastate.edu/ciardo/) or the search committee at cs-search at iastate.edu.