[Theory] [Theory Lunch] Tiago Royer, Wednesday 10/25 12:30pm-1:30pm, JCL 390

Antares Chen antaresc at uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 23 16:35:00 CDT 2023

**************************

*Date**:* October 25, 2023
*Time: *12:30pm CT
*Location: *JCL 390

*Speaker: *Tiago Royer (University of Chicago)

*Title: *Asymptotic Notions of Computability

*Zoom: *[link
<https://uchicago.zoom.us/j/91616319229?pwd=dDdXQnFXeGNubFRkZy9hTDQrcWlXdz09>
]

*Abstract:* In the classical setting, we consider that a Turing machine
solves (computes) a problem if, for *all* inputs, the machine halts with
the correct output for this problem. We can relax this notion by requiring
the machine to halt and be correct only on *asymptotically all* inputs.
Different asymptotic notions of computability arise depending on the
behavior of the machine on the other inputs. I will be talking a bit about
them and about their degree structure.

[Theory Lunch Calendar
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/embed?src=c_osgf1c1qemdras8mu7l7pdhjrs@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America*Chicago__;Lw!!BpyFHLRN4TMTrA!pwdRh9yLA-IBD6NCNvREJGd9Nj5jtC6_N-AowF6HSwIQeb1FPAmu0L_tAsww4XtIRnQ$>
]