[Theory] [Theory Lunch] Sabrina Evans, Wednesday 5/18 12:30pm-1:30pm, JCL 390.

Adela DePavia adepavia at uchicago.edu
Mon May 16 11:45:16 CDT 2022

Date: May 18th, Wednesday
Time: 12:30pm CT
Location: JCL 390

Speaker:  Sabrina Evans

Title: Where did you come from, Where did you go? Searching for Code.

Zoom: [link<https://uchicago.zoom.us/j/92726705915?pwd=UUUwb3FFRXdvWFd4TDQ2WFhVUkQyUT09>]

Abstract:  How do you build a search-engine for code? Code search involves two problems: translation and information retrieval. In this talk I’ll discuss relevant methods from both areas and how we can combine them to create new techniques. Additionally, we’ll discuss some limitations and concerns about popular modern code search practices.

COVID Policy: As per university policy, masking is not currently required for in-person attendance. Please note that we will have fully masked and social-distanced tables available to accommodate any attendees who would prefer such arrangements. Please contact us if you have any questions or feedback.

[Theory Lunch Webpage<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://orecchia.net/event/theory-lunch/__;!!BpyFHLRN4TMTrA!pwdRh9yLA-IBD6NCNvREJGd9Nj5jtC6_N-AowF6HSwIQeb1FPAmu0L_tAswwp_F5nRs$>]
[Theory Lunch Calendar<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/embed?src=c_osgf1c1qemdras8mu7l7pdhjrs@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America*Chicago__;Lw!!BpyFHLRN4TMTrA!pwdRh9yLA-IBD6NCNvREJGd9Nj5jtC6_N-AowF6HSwIQeb1FPAmu0L_tAsww4XtIRnQ$>]