[SLURM] squeue override to show gres usage by default

Phil Kauffman via Slurm slurm at mailman.cs.uchicago.edu
Wed Nov 7 11:18:10 CST 2018

It recently came to my attention that it might be helpful to override the 'squeue' command to include GRES usage.

'/usr/bin/squeue' has been replaced with a script and the binary has been moved to '/usr/bin/squeue.bin'.

The new output looks like this:

$ squeue
JOBID   PARTITION   USER           NAME      NODELIST  GRES      STATE     TIME
79746   titan       user1          bash      gpu3      gpu:1     RUNNING   31:21
79744   titan       user2          bash      gpu3      gpu:1     RUNNING   53:19
79745   titan       user3          debug     gpu3      (null)    RUNNING   1:02:47
79743   pascal      user1          bash      gpu2      gpu:1     RUNNING   2:28:30
79741   titan       user1          bash      gpu3      gpu:1     RUNNING   2:29:15
79732   titan       user3          bash      gpu3      gpu:1     RUNNING   20:56:55

If anyone thinks anything should be added or removed from this output let me know.

Cheers,

Phil

--
Phil Kauffman