[CS] TODAY: Bhakti Shah MS Presentation - May 17, 2024

Devin Davis via cs cs at mailman.cs.uchicago.edu
Fri May 17 08:55:19 CDT 2024

This is a reminder of Bhakti Shah's MS Presentation

Candidate: Bhakti Shah

Date: Friday, May 17, 2024

Time:  2:30 pm CT

Location: JCL 390

Title: Proof Visualization for Graphical Languages

Abstract: Reasoning about graphical languages in a proof assistant can be hard. Canonical diagrammatic representations are optimized for readability, and may abstract away details irrelevant to a pen-and-paper proof, but these details are often important to a proof assistant. We develop a methodology for working with graphical languages associated with classes of categories, and equip it with an automated visualizer integrated with the Coq proof assistant, enabling diagrammatic reasoning. We instantiate this with the ZX-calculus, a language for quantum computation, as an example of specialized diagrammatic reasoning.

Advisors: Robert Rand

Committee Members: Robert Rand, Stuart Kurtz, John Reppy