[CS] Gathering for friends and colleagues of Max Lewis

Anne Rogers amr at cs.uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 5 12:13:07 CDT 2021

Dear CS Community,

We are writing to let you know that a small gathering for friends and colleagues of Max Lewis will be held this afternoon (Monday) at 2:30 PM in the McCormick Tribune Lounge in the Reynolds Club.  Also, below we repeat the list of counseling and wellness resources provided by the College and University.

We wish to express our condolences to Max’s family and to everyone who knew and cared for Max, especially to those in the CS community.  Please feel free to reach out to either of us if you want to share your memories of Max or if you would like to share your feelings or thoughts.

                   - Mike Franklin, Liew Family Chair of Computer Science
                    and Anne Rogers, Director of Undergraduate Studies, Computer Science Department

—-—-—-—-
For students, resources include counselors at UChicago Student Wellness who are available by phone at 773-702-3625. Students may also visit the Student Wellness website (https://wellness.uchicago.edu/ <https://wellness.uchicago.edu/>) to learn more or schedule an appointment. In addition, Academic Advisers <https://college.uchicago.edu/about/college-staff-directory?office=College%20Academic%20Advising%20Office> and Religious Advisers <https://spirit.uchicago.edu/about-us/staff-religious-advisors> are available to talk with students. Assistance for faculty and staff affected by this tragedy is available through Perspectives, which can be reached any time at 800-456-6327.