[Theory] [Theory Lunch] Tushant Mittal, Wednesday, 4/17 12:30-1:30pm, JCL 390

Gabe Schoenbach gschoenbach at uchicago.edu
Wed Apr 17 08:00:00 CDT 2024

Hi all — please join us on *today at 12:30pm* for another theory lunch!
Details below:

*****
*Date: *April 17, 2024
*Time:* 12:30pm
*Location: *JCL 390

*Title: *Local to Global

*Speaker: *Tushant Mittal

*Abstract: *“Local to global” is a broad paradigm/principle that often
shows up in math/theory CS. The broad idea is to study a complex
(mathematical) object via simpler (local) snapshots. In this talk, which is
more of an appetizer platter than an entree, we will sample some results
with a “local-to-global” flavor. I will discuss two specific topics in
theoretical CS: expansion of graphs and homomorphism testing.