[Theory] NOW: [TTIC Talks] Talks at TTIC: 2/22 Aleksander Hołyński, UC Berkeley

Brandie Jones bjones at ttic.edu
Thu Feb 22 10:55:00 CST 2024

*When:*         Thursday, February 22nd at* 11AM CT  *

*Where:*       Talk will be given *live, in-person* at

                       TTIC, 6045 S. Kenwood Avenue

                       5th Floor, Room 530

*Virtually:*     via Panopto (Livestream
<https://uchicago.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=c6ddd6ed-99c6-4ff3-a11c-b109010b4727>
)

*Who:          *Aleksander Hołyński, UC Berkeley

*Title:*           How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Data Monster

*Abstract:*   Recent advances in visual generative models have led to the
generation of high quality, diverse images of nearly any imaginable
concept, thanks to increasingly large models and huge training datasets.
Looking at the quality of images that these models are able to produce, one
may wonder: "are we done?". In this talk, I argue that we’ve only just
scratched the surface.

*Bio:*    Aleksander Holynski is a postdoctoral scholar at UC Berkeley,
working with Alyosha Efros and Angjoo Kanazawa, and concurrently a Research
Scientist at Google Research.  He completed his PhD at the University of
Washington, advised by Steve Seitz, Brian Curless, and Rick Szeliski, and
he received his B.S. at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. His
co-authored work has received a best student paper award at ICCV 2023.

*Host:  <zhiyuanli at ttic.edu>Matthew Turk <mturk at ttic.edu>*

--
*Brandie Jones *
*Executive **Administrative Assistant*