[Theory] UC Theory Seminar: a reminder

Alexander Razborov razborov at uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 28 10:44:46 CDT 2022

Departments of Mathematics & Computer Science
Combinatorics & Theory Seminar

Tuesday, March 29, 3:30pm
Location Kent 107

Yufei Zhao (MIT)

TITLE:  Enumerating k-SAT functions

ABSTRACT: How many k-SAT functions on n boolean variables are there?
What does a typical such function look like?

Bollobás, Brightwell, and Leader conjectured that for each fixed k,
almost every k-SAT function is unate.

In this talk, I will discuss progress towards this conjecture and
explain how the hypergraph container method can be used to reduce the
problem to a hypergraph Turán-like problem, which is solved for k ≤ 4
but remains open in general.

Joint work with Dingding Dong and Nitya Mani.

Yufei will be giving another talk at the Math Colloquium on Wednesday;
I am forwarding the announcement under a separate message.