[Theory] Now: 5/10 TTIC Colloquium: Ron Dror, Stanford University

Mary Marre mmarre at ttic.edu
Mon May 10 11:08:23 CDT 2021

*When:*      Monday, May 10, 2021 at 11:10 am CT

*Where:*     Zoom Virtual Talk (*register in advance here
<https://uchicagogroup.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Zfjujua0SKyevZMJqrPAeg>*)

*Who: *       Ron Dror, Stanford University

*Title:      *  Learning and Simulating Atomic-Level Biomolecular
Structure

*Abstract:* The vision of structure-based drug design has long been to
predict how chemical compounds will influence the function of their
molecular targets. This has historically proven challenging, but it is
beginning to become a reality thanks to advances in computational methods
and technologies. I will present recent work on the use of physics-based
simulations to guide the design of compounds that stimulate desired protein
functions, and on the design of machine learning architectures for
reasoning about three-dimensional atomic-level molecular structures.

*Bio: *Ron Dror is an Associate Professor of Computer Science in the
Stanford Artificial Intelligence Lab, where he works at the intersection
between structural biology, pharmacology, and computer science. He
collaborates extensively with experimentalists in both academia and
industry. Before joining Stanford, he served as second-in-command of D. E.
Shaw Research. Dr. Dror earned graduate degrees in computer science and
biology at MIT and the University of Cambridge.

*Host:  **Karen Livescu* <klivescu at ttic.edu>
For more information on the colloquium series or to subscribe to the
mailing list, please see http://www.ttic.edu/colloquium.php

Mary C. Marre
Faculty Administrative Support