[Cs22800] profanity lists in Fire

Ken Tsang kftsang at cs.uchicago.edu
Sat May 3 02:51:04 CDT 2003

A few weeks ago, I think Ziba expressed disappointment that the
profanity filter lists were not populated with defaults in Fire. Well,
it turns out that the filter never actually worked. No worries, one of
the core developers finally went ahead and finished it. And populated
the list. Some of the tamer ones include "my god" and "stuffed." (???)

A new task of mine is supposed to be to populate the profanity lists
for the languages I did (Simplified and Traditional Chinese). He
suggested looking them up online, if we localizers were unable to come
up with a thorough list. Oh boy, this is gonna be fun.

Remind me to show off the English list during class next week, for
everyone's edification.

Ken