[Cs22800] YAU (Yet Another Update)

Ben Johnson bsjohnso at midway.uchicago.edu
Mon Nov 25 12:17:20 CST 2002

I don't think I'll have anything to show in class, but basically I have
the helper applications ported over, I just have to clean up the module a
little more, add in the adore rootkit stuff (file, process, module
hiding) and then write a configure and install script.

I'll still have a major bug that causes kernel panics after the module is
removed...the good thing is that once the module is hidden i'm not sure
you can remove it anyways without a reboot, so it shouldn't ever
crash.  Regardless of this good news, I still eventually want to figure
the bug out, but right now I just want to get something out to the
honeynet people to test, which should be very soon.

I guess that's all for now.  See you guys in class.

Peace,

Ben