[Colloquium] The University of Chicago 2024 AI+Science Summer School registration deadline has been extended!

Simona Ahmed simonaa at uchicago.edu
Fri Mar 8 10:04:00 CST 2024

We are excited to announce that we have extended our registration deadline
to March 15th.

Please share this opportunity with any students, groups, labs, or channels
that might include interested and eligible applicants. Please direct any
clarifying questions about the workshop to simonaa at uchicago.edu.

[image: Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 4.41.29 PM.png]

The Data Science Institute (DSI), Eric and Wendy Schmidt AI in Sciences
Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, and Institute for Mathematical and
Statistical Innovation (IMSI) at the University of Chicago are jointly
hosting the *2024 AI+Science Summer School *from July 15-19, 2024, on the
UChicago campus.

Application (due March 15th):
https://www.imsi.institute/activities/aiscience-summer-school-2024/
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.imsi.institute/activities/aiscience-summer-school-2024/__;!!BpyFHLRN4TMTrA!5hkrvHUkYpw77UM3k4Cjvna46586mZRl-CVQjS1_rKMfnl97gJrfbV2PTr9xn-DTUrlXgP1uMEyoFS13mT4i9ZXEchA$>

Website: https://datascience.uchicago.edu/events/aiscience-summer-school
-2024/

Questions? Email simonaa at uchicago.edu

The summer school will focus on four core themes at the heart of this
emerging paradigm of scientific discovery: AI uncovering new laws of
nature, AI guiding scientific measurement, physics-informed machine
learning, and scientific discovery advancing AI frontiers.

Topics of the summer school will include generative models, representation
learning, label-efficient learning, simulation-based inference, and other
inverse problems and uncertainty quantifications.

The program aims to introduce a new generation of diverse interdisciplinary
graduate students and researchers to the emerging field of AI + Science. We
also hope this program can build community and spur new research directions
focused on AI-enabled scientific discovery across the physical and
biological sciences.

The AI + Science Summer School is intended for the following audiences:

Students: we welcome Ph.D. students from computer science, statistics,
mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, astronomy, geosciences, and more.
Students should have a basic understanding of computational methods in the
sciences. Lectures will be accessible to broad audiences to help catalyze
new connections across disciplines. Exceptional master’s students and
bachelor’s students are also welcome to apply.

Non-Students: we welcome Industry practitioners, researchers, faculty,
postdocs, professionals, etc.

The organizing committee for the AI + Science Summer School includes Peter
Lu <https://peterparity.github.io/>, Ritesh Kumar
<https://sites.google.com/view/ritesh-kumar-cat/>, Yihang Wang
<https://yhwang17.github.io/>, Anthony Badea
<https://aiscience.uchicago.edu/anthony-badea/>, Mark Schulze, Simona