[Colloquium] REMINDER - Yue Gong MS Presentation/Nov 14,2023

Devin Davis devind at uchicago.edu
Tue Nov 14 09:12:18 CST 2023

This is an announcement of Yue Gong's MS Presentation
Candidate: Yue Gong

Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Time:  2:30 pm CST

Location: JCL 354

M.S. Paper Title: Ver: View Discovery in the Wild

Abstract: We present Ver, a data discovery system that identifies project-join views over large repositories of tables that do not contain join path information, and even when input queries are inaccurate. Ver implements a reference architecture to solve both the technical (scale and search) and human (semantic ambiguity, navigating a large number of results) problems of view discovery. We demonstrate users find the view they want when using Ver with a user study and we demonstrate its performance with large-scale end-to-end experiments on real-world datasets containing tens of millions of join paths.

Advisors: Raul Castro Fernandez

Committee Members: Michael Franklin, Sanjay Krishnan, and Raul Castro Fernandez