[Colloquium] UChicago Postdoc Opportunity - advertise to network?

Jessica Sweeney jrsweeney at uchicago.edu
Tue Oct 25 10:15:17 CDT 2022

Good morning -

I'm reaching out today to promote an open postdoc hiring call that we
launched at the University of Chicago's Data Science Institute (where I am
the Director of Research). Our 2-3 year terms begin next fall, and we will
begin reviewing applications in early January.  I was hoping you might be
able to share the post below with your network and/or newsletter, so we
reach a wide candidate base and build out our growing and diverse community
of interdisciplinary data scientists!

The Data Science Institute <https://datascience.uchicago.edu/> at the
University of Chicago invites applications for its Postdoctoral Scholars
who wish to advance cutting-edge data science approaches, methods, and
applications in research. The Data Science Institute (DSI) executes the
University of Chicago’s bold, innovative vision of Data Science as a new
discipline by advancing foundational and interdisciplinary research,
partnerships with industry, government, and social impact organizations,
and holistic approach to data science education.

Drawing on the University of Chicago’s top-ranked programs, world-renowned
faculty, as well as a vibrant and quickly expanding data science ecosystem,
this program will allow postdoctoral scholars to engage in field-defining
data science and artificial intelligence research. Our positions carry
a competitive
salary, generous research funding stipends, and benefits.

Interested applicants should apply online here
<https://uchicago.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1885527>. Review of
applications will begin on January 9, 2023 and will continue until all
positions are filled. Please visit our website
<https://datascience.uchicago.edu/engage/fellowships/#description>to learn
more and apply.

EOE/Vet/Disability

Jess Sweeney

*Director, **Research Programs and Strategy*

The Data Science Institute
The University of Chicago

T 773.834.5132  |  C 509.999.9101

*JRSweeney at uchicago.edu <JRSweeney at uchicago.edu>*