[Colloquium] 5/12 Distinguished Lecture Series: Manuela M. Veloso, J.P. Morgan AI and Carnegie Mellon

Mary Marre mmarre at ttic.edu
Fri Apr 29 12:15:47 CDT 2022

*TTIC Distinguished Lecture Series:**Manuela M. Veloso
<http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~mmv/>, **JP Morgan AI and Carnegie Mellon
University*
*Thursday**, May 12, 2022 at 11:00 am CT*
[image: image.png]
*Where:    *Talk will be given *live, in-person*

                TTIC, 6045 S. Kenwood Avenue

                5th Floor, Room 530

*Virtually:* *register in advance here*
<https://uchicagogroup.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_rfM4rnHaS_KHk27a7i4p2g>

*Manuela M. Veloso*

Managing Director, Head of AI Research, J.P. Morgan

Herbert A. Simon University Professor *Emerita* in the School of Computer
Science, Carnegie Mellon University

------------------------------

*Title:* AI in Finance: Examples and Discussion

*Abstract:* In this talk, I will present examples of our recent AI research
and practice experience in the finance domain, addressing data, reasoning,
and execution AI approaches. Presented projects will be on AI for data
discovery, data standardization, synthetic data, behavior understanding,
multiagent simulations, and explainability. We are driven by goals to
service and assist humans in their complex tasks.

*Bio:* Manuela Veloso is Head of J.P. Morgan Chase AI Research and Herbert
A. Simon University Professor Emerita at Carnegie Mellon University, where
she was previously Faculty in the Computer Science Department and Head of
the Machine Learning Department. Veloso researches in Artificial
Intelligence (AI) with focus on autonomous robots and recently in AI in
Finance. She is past president of the Association for the Advancement of
Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), and the co-founder and a Past President of
the RoboCup Federation. Veloso is a Fellow of AAAI, AAAS, ACM, and IEEE.
She is a member of the National Academy of Engineering.

*Host:* *Avrim Blum* <avrim at ttic.edu>

*Presence at TTIC requires being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or having
a TTIC or UChicago-approved exemption. *

*Full visitor guidance available at ttic.edu/visitors
<http://ttic.edu/visitors>.*

[image: image.png]

Mary C. Marre