[Colloquium] CDAC Data Therapy 9/5 3:30pm: Peter Carbonetto, RCC

Rob Mitchum rmitchum at uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 3 10:31:37 CDT 2019

[image: data-therapy.png]

*Data Therapy: Collaborative & Reproducible Code*

Our final Data Therapy of the summer will take place at 3:30 p.m. Thursday,
September 5th, with Research Computing Center
<http://rcc.uchicago.edu/> computational
scientist Peter Carbonetto sharing how he uses *git*, *GitHub*, *R Markdow*
*n* and a new *R* package, *workflowr*, to encourage collaboration and
develop reproducible research code.

Like previous Data Therapy sessions, this event will be a
hour-long informal introduction to a new and useful data science tool, led
by a UChicago researcher who has used it in their work. The sessions
are open to all faculty, students and staff at the University.

We hope to see you at the RCC Visualization Lab in the John Crerar Library
<https://rcc.uchicago.edu/resources/visualization> (5730 S. Ellis
Avenue, at the back of the Media Arts, Data, and Design Center on the first
floor). Thanks to those of you who have joined us for Data Therapy this
summer!

- Center for Data and Computing <http://cdac.uchicago.edu>

--
*Rob Mitchum*

*Associate Director of Communications for Data Science and Computing*
*University of Chicago*
*rmitchum at uchicago.edu <rmitchum at ci.uchicago.edu>*
*773-484-9890*