[Colloquium] REMINDER: 6/3 TTIC Colloquium: Deva Ramanan, Carnegie Mellon University

Alicia McClarin amcclarin at ttic.edu
Mon Jun 3 09:54:13 CDT 2019

*When:    *  Monday, June 3rd at *11:00 am*

*Where:     *TTIC, 6045 S. Kenwood Avenue, 5th Floor, Room 526

*Who:        *Deva Ramanan, Carnegie Mellon University

*Title:   *      Embodied Perception for Open-World Robotics

*Abstract: *Computer vision is undergoing a period of rapid progress,
rekindling its relationship and ties to robotics. In this talk, I will
discuss various issues in perception motivated by autonomous robots
"in-the-wild", focusing on the illustrative case of autonomous vehicles.
Specific challenges include low-latency perception, generalization to rare
scenarios, and self-aware processing that can recognize anomalous
conditions. I will conclude with a description of open challenges in this
domain.

*Host:* Greg Shakhnarovich <greg at ttic.edu>

For more information on the colloquium series or to subscribe to the
mailing list, please see http://www.ttic.edu/colloquium.php.

--
*Alicia McClarin*
*Toyota Technological Institute at Chicago*