[Colloquium] 11/20 TTIC Colloquium: Ben Zhao, University of Chicago

Mary Marre via Colloquium colloquium at mailman.cs.uchicago.edu
Mon Nov 13 16:43:10 CST 2017

When:     Monday, November 20th at 11:00 a.m.

Where:    TTIC, 6045 S. Kenwood Avenue, 5th Floor, Room 526

Who:       Ben Zhao, University of Chicago

Title:       Using Simple ML to Model and Mimic Human Behavior

Abstract: There is an increasing abundance of data collected about users’
behavior online. Our interactions with other users, online communities, and
mobile apps are being recorded and stored for analysis. What does this data
reveal about user behavior in networked systems, and how much of our
identity is captured by these logs? In this talk, I’ll describe some of our
recent projects in the intersection of HCI, data mining, and applied ML.
I’ll talk about how unsupervised classifiers can detect patterns in user
groups, and how RNNs can be used to mimic human language in the context of
online product reviews.

Host: Karen Livescu <klivescu at ttic.edu>

For more information on the colloquium series or to subscribe to the
mailing list, please see http://www.ttic.edu/colloquium.php