[Colloquium] NOW!: REMINDER: 5/1 TTIC Colloquium: Ira Kemelmacher-Schlizerman, Univer. of Washington; Facebook

Mary Marre via Colloquium colloquium at mailman.cs.uchicago.edu
Mon May 1 11:01:30 CDT 2017

When:     Monday, May 1st at 11:00 a.m.

Where:    TTIC, 6045 S. Kenwood Avenue, 5th Floor, Room 526

Who:       Ira Kemelmacher-Schlizerman, University of Washington; Facebook

Title:       Visual People Modeling

Abstract:  Capturing, modeling and understanding human beings is pivotal to
futuristic teleportation in virtual reality, allowing one to virtually play
basketball with LeBron, visualizing how your your child changes over years,
and searching for missing people to name  a few.  Imagine doing all those
"in the wild", by leveraging selfies, news reports, and just random photos
and videos that were already captured or easy to capture with commodity
cameras.   I will take you on a journey of attempting to achieve that,
showing our latest technical progress as well as applications we've
developed in the process.

Host: Greg Shakhnarovich <greg at ttic.edu>

For more information on the colloquium series or to subscribe to the
mailing list, please see http://www.ttic.edu/colloquium.php