[Colloquium] REMINDER: 3/4 Talks at TTIC: Mark Hallen, Duke University

Mary Marre mmarre at ttic.edu
Thu Mar 3 15:54:39 CST 2016

When:     Friday, March 4th at 11:00 am

Where:    TTIC, 6045 S Kenwood Avenue, 5th Floor, Room 526

Who:      Mark Hallen, Duke University

Title:      Algorithms to Bring Realistic Modeling to Drug Design

Abstract:
Development of new drugs usually requires identifying molecules that will
interact with known proteins.  The set of molecules that could be useful as
drugs is many orders of magnitude greater than the set of molecules that
humans have synthesized.  Thus, we would benefit enormously from
computational methods that can reliably optimize chemical interactions with
respect to the chemical structure of a drug, without having to search
exhaustively (either computationally or experimentally) over drug
candidates.  I discuss the algorithmic problems we must solve in order to
do this, present algorithms for some of them, and discuss plans to solve
others.

Host: Jinbo Xu, j3xu at ttic.edu