[Colloquium] REMINDER: 2/1 Talks at TTIC: Bundit Laekhanukit, The Weizmann Institute of Science

Mary Marre mmarre at ttic.edu
Sun Jan 31 19:38:16 CST 2016

When:     Monday, February 1st at 11:00 am

Where:    TTIC, 6045 S Kenwood Avenue, 5th Floor, Room 526

Who:       Bundit Laekhanukit, The Weizmann Institute of Science

Title: Directed Network Design and Related Problems

Network Design is a fundamental class of problems in Combinatorial
Optimization and Theoretical Computer Science. This class includes many
well-known problems such as Minimum Spanning Tree, Steiner Tree and
Traveling Salesman problems.

Over the last decades, many works have been done to study the network
design problems on undirected graphs, which lead to steady improvement.
However, unlike that on undirected graphs, there are not much progress on
network design problems on directed graphs (at least on the positive side)
even for a very natural case of the directed Steiner tree problem.

In this talk, we will discuss the current progress on the directed network
design and related problems. I will summarize a line of attacks on problems
in this class, which I have initiated for several years.

Host: Yury Makarychev, yury at ttic.edu  <yury at ttic.edu>