[Colloquium] REMINDER: Young Researcher Seminar Series: Jiwei Li, Stanford

Mary Marre mmarre at ttic.edu
Tue Apr 19 12:35:01 CDT 2016

When:     Wednesday, April 20th at 11am

Where:    TTIC, 6045 S. Kenwood Avenue, 5th Floor, Room 526

Who:       Jiwei Li, Stanford

Title:       Neural Dialogue Generation.

Abstract:
Recent neural generation models present both new opportunities and new
challenges
for developing conversational agents. In this talk, I will describe how we
have advanced this line of research by addressing four different issues in
neural dialogue generation*:* (1) overcoming the overwhelming prevalence of
dull responses (e.g., "I don't know") generated from neural models*;* (2)
enforcing speaker consistency*;* (3) leveraging information from
conversational history*;* and (4) applying reinforcement learning to foster
sustained dialogue interactions.

Host: Kevin Gimpel, kgimpel at ttic.edu

The TTIC Young Researcher Seminar Series (
http://www.ttic.edu/young-researcher.php) features talks by Ph.D. students
and postdocs whose research is of broad interest to the computer science
community. The series provides an opportunity for early-career researchers
to present recent work to and meet with students and faculty at TTIC and
nearby universities.

The seminars are typically held on Wednesdays at 11:00am in TTIC Room 526.

For additional information, please contact Matthew Walter (mwalter at ttic.edu
).