[Colloquium] REMINDER: 9/28 TTIC Colloquium: Paris Smaragdis; University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Mary Marre mmarre at ttic.edu
Sun Sep 27 18:45:30 CDT 2015

When:     Monday, September 28th at 11:00 a.m.

Where:    TTIC, 6045 S Kenwood Avenue, 5th Floor, Room 526

Speaker:  Paris Smaragdis; University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Title: Machine Learning Approaches to Speech Enhancement

Abstract: During the last few years, machine learning has started to
permeate the world of speech enhancement and has produced results that
drastically improve over the state of the art. In this talk I’ll touch on
some of the most recent approaches on both multichannel and single channel
enhancement, and I will show how traditional signal processing approaches
can be reimagined using mixture models, matrix factorizations, deep
learning regressions, and other machine learning tools.

*Host:* Karen Livescu

For more information on the colloquium series or to subscribe to the
mailing list, please see http://www.ttic.edu/colloquium.php