[Colloquium] Talks at TTIC: Makuto Miwa, TTIJ

Dawn Ellis dellis at ttic.edu
Wed Sep 24 10:53:42 CDT 2014

When:     Tuesday, Sept 30th at 1pm

Where:    TTIC, 6045 S Kenwood Avenue, 5th Floor, Room 526

Who:       Makuto Miwa, TTIJ

Title:       History-based joint entity and relation extraction from texts

Abstract:

Extracting semantic relations between entities in natural language
texts is a crucial step in natural language understanding. This
extraction has often been treated as a pipeline of two separate tasks,
namely named entity recognition and relation classification, which
ignores dependencies between and inside the tasks. In this talk, I
will first present my approach on joint extraction of entities and
relations from texts. This approach employs a structured supervised
learning with inexact search. It can treat the dependencies mentioned
above as global features. Then, I will show current results and
limitations, and discuss possible extensions.

Host:  David McAllester,   mcallester at ttic.edu

--
*Dawn Ellis*
Administrative Coordinator,