[Colloquium] Seminar Announcement: The Assembly and Management of Scalable Computational Experiments

Ninfa Mayorga ninfa at uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 28 15:28:47 CDT 2014

Computation Institute Presentation

Speaker: Justin Wozniak, Mathematics and Computer Science Division, Argonne National Laboratory
Host:  Ian Foster
Date:  July 31, 2014
Time: 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Location: Argonne National Lab, TCS Building 240, Room 5172, broadcast via Adobe Connect (see below)
The Assembly and Management of Scalable Computational Experiments

A large-scale, collaborative computational experiment involves more than the tuning of individual code fragments- typically, codes must be assembled, integrated in one or more programming models and languages, experimental runs must be managed and data collected.  In this talk, I will present my work using the Swift programming language to assemble and run many different scientific applications on wide range of computer systems.  In high-performance computing, I will present the Swift/T system for high performance dataflow applications that run on extremely large systems such as the IBM Blue Gene/P and the Cray Blue Waters system.  The techniques presented will cover runtime and compiler development in the Swift context, management of big data for large scale computational experiments, and a variety of application case studies.

Information: Lunch will be provided

This talk will be broadcast to the University of Chicago, Searle 240A, 5735 S. Ellis Ave.  You may join the broadcast from your location by using Adobe Connect.

To join the meeting: http://anl.adobeconnect.com/tcs-ci
-Enter as a guest

If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:

Test your connection:
http://anl.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm

Get a quick overview:http://www.adobe.com/go/connectpro_overview