[Colloquium] Rescheduled Talk

Dawn Ellis dellis at ttic.edu
Thu Sep 5 15:31:03 CDT 2013

The talk by Zhiyong Wang that was scheduled for Friday, September 6th at
4:00 has been rescheduled for Monday, September 9th at 1:00-2:00.

TTIC 6045 S. Kenwood Ave. Room 526

Title:
"Machine learning methods for predicting macromolecule 3D structures".

Abstract:
Computational methods for predicting 3D structures of macromolecules are
intensively studied, since the 3D structures are important for
macromolecule functions and experimental methods are expensive. The current
methods take input of sequence information features and its derived
features, but few of them consider the relationship between pair or group
units of the macromolecules. In this talk, I first reviewed my previous
work on solving this problem using various machine learning methods,
including conditional random fields, random forests, integer programming
and MCMC sampling, as well as comparison between my methods and others’.
Based on these works, I proposed a novel method for predicting 3D
structures by considering the constraints between each pair/larger group of
units in macromolecules as well as sequence information.

Best,

Zhiyong

--
*Dawn Ellis*