[Colloquium] Reminder! Talks at TTIC today at noon: Greg Shakhnarovich

Dawn Ellis dellis at ttic.edu
Fri Nov 15 08:13:21 CST 2013

When:     Friday, November 15th at Noon

Where:    TTIC, 6045 S Kenwood Avenue, 5th Floor, Room #526

Who:       TTIC Faculty, Greg Shakhnarovich

Title:        Region ranking methods for image segmentation

Abstract:

I will describe some of our recent work on learning systems for image
segmentation. Our approach consists of two stages: we first obtain multiple
diverse segmentations from a model, and then rank these using a novel set
of features and a ranking model learned to minimize the gap with the best
available segmentation in the set. On multiple data sets this achieves
excellent segmentation results. Joint work with Payman Yadollahpour, Dhruv
Batra, and Pavel Kisilev.

***************************************
Research at TTIC Seminar Series

TTIC is hosting a weekly seminar series presenting the research currently
underway at the Institute. Every week a different TTIC faculty member will
present their research.  The lectures are intended both for students
seeking research topics and adviser, and for the general TTIC and
University of Chicago communities interested in hearing what their
colleagues are up to.

To receive announcements about the seminar series, please subscribe to the
mailing list: https://groups.google.com/a/ttic.edu/group/talks/subscribe

Speaker details can be found at: http://www.ttic.edu/tticseminar.php.

For additional questions, please contact David McAllester at
mcallester at ttic.edu

--
*Dawn Ellis*
Administrative Coordinator,